Hi everyone… Plans are under way for our next BIG Sing! in March – it will be our FOURTH big get together with other UK Sings! Choirs, showing that we are all still "part of something bigger".We now have six choirs in our UK Sings! family: Ashford, Winchester, Northampton, Mansfield, Walderslade and Swansea (and coming soon a new choir starting near Nottingham – Hucknall Sings!). As usual there's potential for nearly 250 singers taking part. We look forward to seeing everyone, meeting some old friends, saying hi to some new faces and taking part in one BIG singing ensemble. It's going to be a fun and inspiring day!This is just some initial info to help you get the most out of the day and to give you lots of notice for booking of tickets and paymentVENUE: Riverside Vineyard Church, Air Park Way, Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7LX. We used Riverside for our first ever BIG Sing! in July 2017, and again last year – it's a perfect place to meet with all the space and facilities needed. TRAVEL:Ashford Sings! choir members (and any family/friends who may want to come along to enjoy a day out) can travel as follows:
- By coach – coaches have been booked and will leave Ashford at 7.30am – as usual it's an early start to take account of any traffic on the motorways and around London. Hopefully pick up and return drop off will be at Furley Park Primary School in Kingsnorth again, where cars can be left during the day. This will have to be confirmed, so watch this space. Pastries and drinks will be available on arrival in Middlesex. At the end of the day coaches will leave for home between 5.15 and 5.30pm approx.
- By road – own transport. If you go by car the journey time is about 1h 25mins (82 miles) depending on traffic, via M20, M26, M25 – exit junction 12 towards Richmond/M3, A 316 to Feltham/Lower Feltham. See above for address for a satnav etc. There is a large car park that you can use at Riverside.
- By train - via either Waterloo or St Pancras to Feltham. Journey time is between 1.5 hours to just over 2 hours, depending on the route you choose. Add a 10 minute walk to the venue when you get there. Feltham Mainline Station is 4-6 minutes walk (0.5 miles) away from Riverside Vineyard (via Browells Lane towards Air Park Way and then A244 High Street)
Train travel as always is pricey - currently this is around £35 for an adult day return via Waterloo OR approx. £40 for an adult return via St Pancras (high speed). If you decide to travel by train I can give you more specific times of trains and cost of family tickets – let me know!TICKETS
These are available online (via Church Suite) using the link below from Mon 13th January – 9amhttps://ashfordvineyard.churchsuite.co.uk/events/m491saqe
You will see that there are options for the following bookings:
- Adult singer travelling by coach, with all refreshments, lunch and a memento: £20.00
- Child singer travelling by coach, with all refreshments, lunch and a memento: £15.00
- Adult or child singer travelling by own transport, including lunch, all refreshments and a memento: £8.00
- NOTE: As there are so many to cater for, if you have a special dietary requirement, we would be grateful if you could bring your OWN lunch so we can be sure you are eating what you are allowed. There is a ticket option for this online
- Adult family & friends travelling by coach (no lunch provided): £12.00
- Child family & friends travelling by coach (no lunch provided): £ 8.00
- Family/friends travelling by own transport (we do need tickets to be "booked" online for family & friends so that we know how many will be in our audience) : Free
Basically everyone will need to let us know via the Church Suite link if they will be there in some shape or form. Deadline for booking tickets online is Thurs 19th March – 9pm – thank you! DRESS CODE FOR SINGERS:
Please wear BLACK Ashford Sings! choir t-shirts, OR plain black tops. Black trousers or skirts and black shoes. If you purchased a BIG Sing! t-shirt in previous years, please do bring this along to wear. PROPOSED TIMETABLE FOR THE DAY:
9.30-10.30am Choirs arrive: Pastries, tea, coffee etc. Chance to meet, mingle and chat with other choirs.10.30am Rehearsal starts
11.30am BREAK Coffee/tea/biscuits – WATER: we are asking you to bring your own water bottle
this year to cut down on our plastic waste - there will be a chance for refills during the day. You can also bring your own thermal cup for hot drinks if you wish, which can be refilled during the day and again cuts down on our waste. There will be recyclable disposable cups available if you prefer.11.50am Rehearsal
1.00pm LUNCH A packed lunch and drink will be provided for all singers. More time to network!2.00pm Rehearsal
3:00pm Gig preparation (each choir will be given their own slot to briefly practise their own song)
4.00pm Family & friends (who will form part of the audience) arrive back for the performance
4.15pm The GIG
- our Superchoir performs together and each choir performs a song of their own
5.15 – 5.30pm Coaches leave for homeWHAT ARE WE SINGING?:
ALL UKS choirs will be rehearsing Take on Me (A-Ha) and Ain't Got Far to Go (Jess Glynne)
to perform together.
Chris will teach the massed choir one other song on the day. Every choir will also rehearse and bring a song of their own choice to perform – this is always particularly amazing to hear!FAMILY & FRIENDS' ACTIVITIES:
We're sorry that there isn't the space or resources to accommodate and cater for family & friends at the venue - they will therefore be asked to amuse themselves for about 5 hours before returning to Riverside Church for the performance in the afternoon. We realise that most people won't know what is available in the area – I will send out a few ideas of what to do in the area and places to eat etc - this will be e-mailed to everyone in February – they will only be suggestions and hopefully it will help your guests make some decisions about their day out, or check it out for themselves!We're sure that the BIG Sing! will be as enjoyable, memorable and emotional as it was before – please come and experience it with us?Please let me know if you have any
questions or concerns – there will be some finer detail sent to you nearer the time. There will be also be a list on the table at the back of Sunday rehearsals to express your interest, so we have an initial idea of numbers
. This won't actually sign you up for a place. You will need to book online via Church Suite using the link as above.Looking forward to seeing you there!